Knevel Architecten designs care facilities primarily keeping the requirements of the user in mind. In this respect the prime objective is to make the patient, client or the elderly feel at home in his or her new environment.
The assignment is followed by the care facility with the an equal amount of interest. How do you make concrete requirements of accomodation seemlessly fit togther with the conditions of the care facility? And in what way can design be implemented so that the care exectutive can keep a margin of flexibility for anticitipating changing regulations and profits related to these.
Different studies executed by Knevel Architecten form the base for developed and executed plans where this type of flexibility of living spaces is implemented. These include amongst others semi independent living areas with optional care and living areas fixed to the main care facility.Reference projects:
- health care centre, Oude-Tonge
- child day care centre, Zeewolde
- health care centre, Asperen
- health care centre, Vuren
- research health care centres, Rivierenland
- competition research housing for psychiatric patients, Amsterdam