The development of technology has had a great impact on the way we live. Because of the increasing supply of services and use of domotics, the possibilities of living a greater part of one's life at home is increasing. In the near future it also will be more and more common that people carry out (an ever-larger part of) their work activities at home.
Furthermore the higher demands in the conditions of legislation of energy efficient housing has had a great influence on the development of new dwellings. However the demand for greater energy efficiency cannot only be achieved only by better insulated buildings, but also requires a more specific and extensive design of installations.
All this requires a multidisciplinary approach when designing new housing and requires from the architect increasingly to act again more as a 'traditional' architect. The role of generalist who understands the essence and principles of the different disciplines, is well informed about the latest developments and makes sure that all will be integrated in an optimal manner in the design.
Time and time again Knevel Architecten has proven to fit this role very well. In this, the office's thorough knowledge of and extensive experience with BIM is a great tool. Reference projects:
- concept for starter housing for Heijmans NV
- concept for housing (in the 21st century) for Van Wijnen BV
- studenthousing (227 units), Amsterdam
- studenthousing (146 units), Delft
- health care centre with housing, Oude-Tonge
- appartmentbuilding (32 appartements), Amsterdam
- private house Amstel, Amsterdam
- 2 private houses, Rijswijk Buiten
- private house, Amsterdam IJburg
- private house, Vleuten
- private house, Vinkeveen
- private house, Ermelo
- private house, Zaandam